Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Dun mind lah, can lah, dun mention it....

World Cup has started for almost a week now. It certainly lived up to the bill at the opening match. Germany showed class and at the same time frailty at the back. Nevermind that, Germany won 4-2 and I won a couple bucks! This world cup certainly belong to the favorites as the underdogs didn't have a chance to do anything against superior talent and technical abilities. Unfortunately, some of the big names countries also left me dry in the pockets. Dammit!!

While following the World Cup actions, I got the best news of the day. I was called on for the interview which I went for a walk-in a week ago. I was going to call them earlier but couldn't get through. Little did I realize that I had a few missed call on my cell because I was in the gym the whole morning. So I called back the number and to my surprise it was the HR Dept of Sanmina-SCI (the company which I was applying for). They set me up with the interview the next day.

So, I went there, and waited for the interviewer to come. I was expecting the same person, but apparently a lady came in and introduced herself as Jennifer. She was equally nice as Mr. US Ong. She started off by saying that I am being interviewed for the other position, which is the commodity buyer. Alright, I didn't mind at all because it was relatively similar to the original position I applied for. She then briefed me what the job entails and all my responsibilities in that position. Cool...I assured her that I can perform those job scopes plus the experience I had back then with Ford with similar department will help get me through the tasks with no problems. She was smiling. Then afterwards, she was looking at my status as a foreigner and then looked at what kind of salary I was asking for. Then she asked me, how long will it take to get the S pass processed? I kindly replied roughly 2-3 weeks. Then she kept to herself for a while, and then said....don't mind lah, can lah, we'll hire you. Those last three words are like the best words I could expect after strenuous 5 months of active job hunting. So, she told me that she'll try to get the HR to expedite the S pass process for me coz she needed to gather the people to anticipate the huge orders that she will be expecting in the near future. WOW! This is truly a growing and expanding company. I could care less about benefits and all that packages as I was entrenched with the idea of securing the job. Anyway, to let you guys know the goodies, she told me that there will be quarterly bonus from profit sharing and that depends on the employee's performance ~ sweet! Then, the salary is reviewed every year and if there's any increment, it will be in January. So she told me not too bad coz I only had halfway to go ~ double sweet. Then she told me about the 13-week probation upon when which I will be hired permanently with the additional bonus of dental and some medical coverage ~ super sweet! Hahaha....

I can't hold back my delight. I promised to the Kwan Im Thong temple there that I'd visit them once a week and I intend to fulfil that to the best of my ability. Actually on the way back home, I realized that there's a bus that goes straight to Bishan. I decided to give it a try. Man, that was some long trip, but it's also like a tour bus, which takes you to the harbourfront, and also the business centre downtown. I can imagine myself on the bus going home from work treated with the delights of the downtown nightlife, and also the beautiful skylight of the Bay area with the esplanade, and all those tall buildings. Nice....but that is still some time away. For now, my main concern will be the S pass, and if all goes well, hopefully I can start in the coming 2 weeks. Pray God everything will be smooth sailing.

So, I would like to personally thank each and everyone of my friends who went through thick and thin throughout my deepest and darkest hellish days. :D All the kind words of encouragement and sincere prayers. Without you guys, I will be thrown into the abyss and I might not be able to see daylight so soon. You kept me brave and strong to overcome this stumbling block in my young life. And in return, I will pray for each and everyone of you for the same fortunes. I am always ready to lend my ears, shoulders, thoughts, and also belly (???) to make everything easier for you guys. So.....that's it for now. World Cup is still going on. Damn...my bets...stupid Brazil and France.

8 Barks:

At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

POOOOCCH! Muach! first thing first, thanks for the lovely greeting cards. luv it :)

next, Congrats to you !! finally you find the right one (job la) next is ms. right (girlfriend la?) hehehehe

thanks a lot for the cards *hix hix* terharu d......

seneng banget d gw lulus loe dapet kerja hohoho let's work our ass off hahaha

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

~ Congratz to both of u dech! hihihi .. got makan or not neh bro? still owe me tat ci-fan XL wakakakakakaka .. oh oh oh must tell everybody in sgp about this .. so u kena belanja2 .. hohohoo .. *evil grin* .. plus mrk2 = heavy weights in eating .. puas dech pasti .. hahahahahhaa .. btw got makan2 from the grads last week .. sweett man .. hihihi .. eniwei remember to keep ur promise bro .. ^^ .. u two hev a fresh start dech! me gotta deal with me own troubles now .. hahahaha .. relax lah .. like always .. hihihi once again, congrats to both u poochies ~ cheers

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

~ Lo apain tuh si Jennifer btw???? wondering now .... LOL .. the workout finally pays off eh? wakakakaka ~ cheers

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Pooch said...

July ~ You're more than welcome, and so sorry I can't be there to liven up the event! Hahahaha....you know you guys missed me...but hey, no distance can keep all of us apart becoz technologies are so cool now! Hahaha...anyway, the card may be the only thing that I can do at least to repay the kindness and support I received back when I graduated. So....yes, good luck with your job and also don't forget to update what's going on wid u lah....

Noe ~ Aiyah...seems like someone is more kiasu than me. Wanting to let the whole world know to make me bankrupt right? Or you know the cifan auntie and made a deal with her to give you commission?? Or you intend to do that so you can eat their share?? *wink wink. About big size guys in your circle....actually we are going for buffett this weekend! HA! In your face...

brudder....what's with the body nonsense lah, people will think I'm a S&M later. I did no harm. I think my boyish Sinchan charm worked wonders this time! HAhahahaa.....but hey, thanks for the support, and I'll definitely support your woes and worries throughout your warm summer days. Hopefully everything works well, but if not, I think Singapore can use someone of your skillz and wit. Give it a try kie?

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

~ Hahahahhaha .. sgp boy always think like sgp peeps .. always looking for everyone's evil plan .. hohoho ... but me = noh noh ... me good boy ... wakakkakaka .. just happy for u lah .. eniwei watever charm u put on, it definitely worked wonders .. hihihihi .. tat reminds me to look one for myself now ... hahahahahhaha .. but we'll see where i'd end up .. going into assylum *dun mind spelling* now .. to find my path, my destiny ... hahahahahha ... macam apa aja yach .. all tat said, CAN I COME 4 BUFFET?????? *mode: excited* ~ cheers

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! Amazing! Brian, you and your friends have so cool blogs! i really like it. i am sure i will come visit often, so that i can be updated in time!! So u r having a happy life aha....... Even though i didn't give you support and concerns as your other friends did, please believe, and as you said, distance won't make freinds apart!!!!! Miss you...

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Pooch said...

Yes Amanda...welcome to Pooch House. Glad to hear you like the blog and the ones of my friends. I'm sure even you didn't say it out loud, I know you had thought about it deep down in your heart. So don't feel left out. Just hope to keep in touch more often. And....yes I do miss hanging out with you guys too. When are we going for sushi again??

Noe ~ Buffett arhh?? Sure, come la, we reserve a seat for u. But you have to be here by Sunday evening, otherwise, it's no deal. Don't worry what may cometh. Ca Serra Serra... I'm sure you know what it means. What comes, what goes, you have to be free from the burden, and the burden will come free off you. Alritey? Take it easy matey. Watch England but don't think they will make it far. I think Italy and Netherlands look more convincing.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

~ WE, THE HOOLIGANS, PROVE U WRONG BIG TIME!!! it doesnt matter how many goals u score, if u win, u tek it all .. woooohhooooo .. going mad over the brits victory n they are sailing thru to 2nd round .. yeah yeah yeah .. eniwei me = always tek it izzi lah .. hehehehe .. did u cek out argentina 6-0???? ~ cheers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home