Friday, May 05, 2006

Going back to school

Yes, have you watched Stephen Chow's movie? Back to School 1 & 2? And with all the rage and rave about MI:III, the spy bug has caught on to me really fast! So, a secret spy doing some undercover style mission in a school. MI: Getting a job. hahahaha....

Yes, I know I was down. I get back up knowing I got the backing and support of my friends. Thank you all very much. I know I can count on you all to help me when I'm in need. And mark my word, you will always find Brian whenever you needed it...my ears, my shoulders, my muscles (not saying I'm muscular, but physical help like moving house), my time, and of course my opinions. The reason I was down was related to a couple of issues, not just the one I blurted out, but I'm glad I kinda find my feet again and start to walk again. Hopefully my walk will pick up and I will reach the destination sooner. Pardon my pun - not intended literally.

Ahh....so back to the topic. Back to school! I figured out after many hours and sweat (yes, Singapore is damn hot!) that rather than spending my time just applying for jobs and reworking my resume and cover letter, why not go for classes?? Damn...why didn't I think of that earlier? Duh....money, time, effort. I did think, but never extensively as I thought going back to school also means more expenditure. So, I scoured some certification classes, and I came upon this SIMM (Singapore Institute of Material Management) through the APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) website. I think I found my direction which is towards production and inventory control, but not much experience to land me those coveted interview spots. So, I thought getting that certification would be very helpful. Alas, none of them are affordable, but I came upon this little Professional Certificate for MRP II. Yes! This is what I'm looking for....a small baby steps towards my goal. This will definitely make my resume stand out a little more than the others. And so, I enrolled.....some moolah out of my piggy bank...and sacrificing a weekend towards it. BTW, the course is only a 2-day 12-hour program, so it shouldn't be too bad.

YEAH....that sums up my brainracking weeking. After spending quality time thinking, I think this was a good outcome. I hope I don't worry you folks too much. Relax....at the most, I'll treat you all to a chicken rice feast....any amount of servings ^_* (provided I get some incoming moolah from work *cross fingers).

3 Barks:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

~ Geezzz dude .. quit school a'ite will ya? let's go for some football game now .. come come come .. it's coming soon .. june 9 .. mark tat date good .. wakkakakaka ~ cheers

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Pooch said...

hahahaha....I'm game...add some tiger for the kick! hahahaha.....GO ITALY!

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

~ GO PERSIB!!!! woohhooooooo ... *o_0* ~ cheers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home