Friday, June 09, 2006

World Cup Fever is ON!!

Yes, finally the World Cup 2006 has arrived with the Deutchland playing a great host to a magnificent event. Wilkommen, and Achtung! It's time to get started with the first match against Costa Rica. It's also time for people in the Asian region for bouts of sleepless nights and unproductive/sleepy workers in the weekdays...kekeke....I'm exempted since I haven't got a job yet. Even if I did, it will take around 2-3 weeks to get my employment pass, so it shouldn't be a problem catching most of the 64 matches. My bet is on Italy, England, and maybe a darkhorse of Netherlands. I don't like South American teams this year, but I can hope to expect 1 or 2 Asian team to get through, namely Japan and South Korea. I'm also given the allowance of $100 from my mom since football betting is legal here in Singapore. Just thought it would add some adrenaline when watching the games. Good things because soccer is like religion here, there are lots of places to catch the live shows even if you don't own cable TV. Mainly, coffee shops, 24-hour McD's, Malls, and usual places like pubs and restaurants. Hahahaha...and with Singapore people being so kiasu, I expect lots of people to turn up at these places.

Anyway, other than my own changed sleeping habit for this coming month, I got myself a boost of good news. Lately I have been hitting the gym, and even started on a swimming routine. I was thinking this will prepare me for army life if I do decide to go through with it. Hahaha...and guess what? The over 1 month of strenuous workout has got me past the 90 barrier!! hahaha...no my friends, I'm not speeding, but rather I have lost quite a few pounds to get me under the magic 90 number. I'm thinking...in 4 months, would I break a new barrier...say under 80? hahaha....I'll keep working and let you guys know....I've also seen the fruit to my workout, as the tone in my body is starting to shape up! Yes, finally I'm gonna shed the poochie, likeable, cutesie-pie, shinchan look! hahaha...don't be disappointed, coz there'll be a space for the new me! Yay.....anyway, world cup starts in less than 4 hours, and I am already holding to my betting slip hoping Germany to win by a margin of 2 goals!!

4 Barks:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

~ U WIN! lets go makan lah .. cmon bro ... dun be so stingy now .. old frend mahhh .. waakakkakakakaka ... hey, u shud bet more ... see u win olredi for the first game ... n maybe u dun need to find a job .. LOL ~ cheers

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Noodl3zz said...

~ aih gila... gue mau donk.... so are you the real expert?? cuz I need to make some cash man.... hahaha~

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Pooch said...

yes me win, but for only $3! hahaha...but it's just to make watching the world cup more interesting. Sure it doesn't replace the experience of being there....(*wink I was there in Japan 2002 watching 3 Italy's matches) but hey, it works right, especially when you can find hawker centers and MickyD's showing them. BTW, I watched the England-Paraguay match in J8 and it was fun dude!! Lots of people, and you get goodies some more! Woohoo.....funny how people came all the way to the front just to grab the goodie bags....since there's only 100 available...I took home 2 bcoz my brother came to watch wif me....

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

~ See how kiasu u've grown into .. ceh ~ cheers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home