Thursday, June 01, 2006

Attack of the Worms

Ahhhh....from my MIA for the past two weeks, you can pretty much guess what causes it! YES, it's that damn friggin' worm that's attacking my computer and I'm sure many more computers around the globe. Let me introduce the menace... the W32.RontokBro@mm. The cause of my lack of sleep the last few days and the build up of my frustrations in the past week. Not only it affected my computer, but it also affected my laptop, and another computer which belongs to one of the students staying here in our place. Arghhh....worse thing is that although it's not that dangerous, what it does is it takes up all my cpu processing capability and renders all other applications useless or extremely slow. That includes the anti-virus program. Imagine, having an almost 20 hour scan for the whole computer?? What's worse, it got to the point that I was restricted to do any editing in the registry!! Argghhhh........So, now after taking care of it, I'm in need of a working bootleg copy of Norton Anti-Virus. Yeah, yeah, blame it on my Singaporean kiasuness and the fact that it's brimming with bargain-hunter season in the midst of Great Singapore Sale, my instinct was to go cheap, good, and fuss-free. Nevertheless, I think I calmed the storm and hopefully it's the end of the menace of the WORMS!!!!

Speaking about storm, I caught X-Men 3: The Last Stand. To say the least I was somewhat disappointed. So many characters died and some of the characters who were introduced in this installment were very much neglected, case in point, Angel, Colossus, ShadowCat, and Mystique. Ahhh...and not to forget the important one who dies.....namely Professor X, Cyclops, countless of extra mutants, Jean Grey/Phoenix, and not forgetting "death" of Magneto. Dang it is so seriously out of context seeing Wolvering stabbing into so many mutants, and the disturbing fact that people disintegrated into nothing with Phoenix's powers. Ahhh.....I hated it, and wished that Bryan Singer closed off the series. Now I am hoping that Superman can be as good as what he made with the first two X-Men. And also, I caught Over the Hedge and it's such a wonderful story. Very family-oriented and very charming in every sense. The contrast with X-Men is that each characters are beautifully built up and utilized in throughout the whole movie. The possum playing dead, the porcupines with its thorns, the skunk with its cat disguise and the explosive odour bomb! hahaha....it's really entertaining and despite someone giving it a 7/10, I'm gonna go with a 9/10 for making my day after a tiresome and frustrating week of hell.

Finally, last thing on my update...I completed my 2-day 12-hour seminar on MRPII. Well, not too much different than what I had learned back in my undergraduate days, but I also left with something more that I did not catch back then. The teacher was funny in his own way, and I can't seem to be amused by his antics and his foolhardy. It's also an eye-catching experience of how tertiary education is like in Singapore. At the end of the course, there's a test to judge our understanding of the materials taught in the past 30 hours, and I would not say it's the hardest I have undertaken, but the relief of being assured of the certificate is an achievement in itself. Hopefully armed with this new weapon, I can add a slew of arsenal to throw at those big/small corporations to make them surrender to my resilient attacks of CVs and reluctantly send their invitations for my appearance for interviews!! haahhaa....I need to believe and hope for a positive good outcome. Anyway folks, I'd be hoping to catch your updates and hopefully I can update you all on my latest happenings here in Lion City. Poochie here from the Pooch House signing out and wishing you all a wonderful evening! Ciao....

1 Barks:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

~ What a 7/10?!?! tat bloody idiot better not see my face .. wakakakkakakaka .. bcoz he's damn RIGHT! hohoho .. n u 9/10-for-OTH-dude better not see my face .. bcoz u're definitely WRONG! i guess ur depression n lack of sleep must have affected ur final rating yo .. wakakakkakakaka ~ cheers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home