Monday, June 05, 2006

Food, Babes, Fortunes......What sins have I committed?

A couple of good things is happening to me lately. Eearlier last week, I had the chance to feast on a somewhat delectable Seafood buffet. Yumm....lots of variety, all kinds of seafood, and some japanese and chinese cuisines. It is no surprise that since it's operated by Mainland Chinese people, it had all the waitresses hailing from the same country. As it is a Mainland Chinese owned (I assume) the quality is somewhat doubtful and the freshness of the seafood can atest my opinion too. Anyway, the event was supposedly a treat for my mom by her morning workout group, but since there was extra ticket for my brother, my mom decided to pay for my meal too. I stuffed myself with lots of abalone, sashimi, and other cuisines. The embarassing thing is that since all the people in our table are mostly old aunties, I am surprised by their kiasuness and suakuness. FYI: Kiasu in that some people are telling me to take the expensive seafood when they saw me taking siomay, and suakuness for feeling that they never eaten buffet before and that they're acting like it's a luxury food paradise! hahaha....it's truly amusing looking at aunties eating so much more than me and being greedy at the same time.

Next thing, last weekend I went for the PC Show 2006 which is being held in Suntec City. Considering that they just held a similar event a few months back, I wasn't sure what's in that show that would be different. So I went to check it out (on a side note, I was curious after reading the article about checking out the boothbabes with tips of how to score their attention!) hahaha....to my surprise, there were a hanful of real boothbabes!! From Nokia booth, I saw a DJ and one of the boothbabe entertaining a patron on the stage having fun dancing to the tunes. On the other side, where there's a demonstration of photo-taking and printing using Nokia phone, I saw this middle-aged uncle posing with two of the boothbabes! awww.....it just made me so jealous. And then, as I check out the other booths, I just can't control my manly urge thinking that how come I don't see these beauties on the normal day?

This leads me to thinking that I might not just be hip enough. My deduction was that hip gals hang out at hip places, and mingle with hip people. However, to be hip, you have to have the bling bling, to have those, you have to have the greens, to have the greens, you have to have a career, and to have a career you have to hip to get the right job! Ahhh......I'm at neither head nor tail. Damn....anyway, that left an impression on me, and I decided to spend the rest of the day shopping at Marina Square and Raffles City to check out the bargains of the Great Singapore Sale. I got myself a pair of goggles with optical adjustment (to help me see without my glasses) for my newly-started swimming routine.

Last thing, today I had the optimism of a brand new man. I read my astrology for the day and it reads:
"Why are you in such a hurry to rush headlong into the future? Take your time. Lasting changes need to be implemented at a slower pace if they're really going to last. Let the universe move at its own pace, not yours."

It stayed true to the literal meaning of it. I chance upon an ad in the weekend newspaper while scanning for available jobs that Sanmina-SCI is having a walk-in interview for 3 positions; 2 of which I was very interested in. Furthermore, they're looking for fresh grads with training available to successful candidates! Wow....to think all those applications don't get me any calls, why not a better way of going there with the prospect of actually landing the job itself? So, I woke up early on Monday.....took a nice shower, picked up my best shirt, and off I went to the company. I arrived at around 11, and I had to fill up the application form which took almost 30 minutes. Then, they ushered me to one of the interview room and to wait for the person interviewing me to come in. Then enter this man and he introduced himself as US Ong. Wow...what irony...I know I've always wanted to go back to US, but to be actually interviewed by US is like finding my way to the future, except the stumbling block lies ahead of me right now! Anyway, he started by reading off my application, asking which position I was applying for...and I duly replied, "the Supply Chain Planner" position. He went on to read some of the information I filled in and I clarified with him whenever appropriate. Then one thing struck me like a dagger...so you're Indonesian? Are you a PaRe??(mind you, he has this thing about pronouncing R in a rather funny way). No, I'm not. Then he told me he had to check with HR to see if they could issue a work pass for me. Gosh...I was praying hard and hope that this will not be some extra obstacles. However, one thing that lighten up my day is that he gave me hope in saying that all my skills are what they're looking for to fill the position. Of course I am happy. Then he told me to wait for the remaining week to see if they have anyone come in for the same position. The reason is that they would like someone who can start immediately for the positions. Awww.....my evil side of me took over and I was praying hard that there'd be no competitors so that they'll take me in. Anyway, he told me that they will inform me within a week's time to see how it pans out. He also told me that they are also looking to fill a couple more other positions, so I think my resume did give a good vibe for him. I will send in my thank you letter tomorrow and hopefully it will add some extra points for myself. I know that astrology prediction can come true at times.

Now....all I can do is pray and I will go to the temple near Bugis to seek for blessings and fortunes. I think I said this last time when I went there for Vesak Day, that if I did get the job in Singapore, I will come in 2-3 times a month to pray. Now, I hope Lady Kwan Im, and all the Gods listen to my prayers and I can be relieved of this increasingly frustrating state of life.

2 Barks:

At 8:32 PM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

~ Boothbabes eh? Ckckkckckck .. sweeett .. now tat's more like it bro .. keep it up k .. wakkakakakakakaka .. n gudlak with the waiting ... hihihi ~ cheers

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Pooch said...

Aiyah....guess what? I went to the temple and ask for a way. And I even took the number to see what's the answer. Shake, shake, shake, shake, still didn't come out. Then I took a peek and tried to shake to that one number will come out. It did, and I got a no.99. Alas, it's the worst kind of luck. It says it's bad and that whatever I do is too late and that I will have a bad life....haiz....should I trust? But I don't know. Maybe I will go again another time to see if my maybe my prayer will be heard this time around. Peace!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home