Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Overqualified - Underqualified

Yes, time for another update for da Poochhouse...woop wooP! Hmm....I've been thinking (now isn't that rare??)....should I keep publishing my complaints on this page? I think I better cheer up my readers! hahaha....A couple of things to look forward to.... Champions League Finals in Paris on May 17 between Barcelona and Arsenal. Both very exciting teams to watch with their own Spanish and French flair mixed in with samba and tango. Henry vs. Ronaldinho, Fabregas vs. Deco, V. Bronckhorst vs. Cole, Eboue vs. Oleguer, Eto'o vs. possibly Reyes. Puyol and Marquez against Campbell and Toure. It's a mouthwatering event with a sort of world cup-like preview.

Anyway, Arsenal pipped Tottenham in the weekend to take the fourth place finish to qualify for next season's Champions League spot. It's also the drawing of a curtain for the holy grail ground of Highbury which has been a London icon for the past 93 years. And it also marks the new beginning of a magnificent Emirates stadium just less than a kilometer away from Highbury. It's where they will begin a new season with more exciting things to come from the young uns. hahaha...

Nuff of football, back to reality. Vesak Day is coming. I'm preparing to pray a lot and a lot....hopefully finding a door, a path, an opening to a brighter future. I've been pondering many options a lot, PR(Citizen) by going NS, keep going with job search for work pass, going back to Indo, possibly Batam, or maybe a new destination which I myself may not know. I've also been bothered by a recent event that kinda put me off track for a bit. Wow...what else can I put in that makes me such a problem to myself?? It's not that I'm not suitable for the job, I just feel sometimes I'm overqualified yet underqualified for the positions I applied for. Maybe somewhere deep inside me I fail to acknowledge that I'm putting my pride ahead of logical reasoning that my degree worth much more than what I'm going for. Or that my lack of work experience is hurting my chances of an interview chance. Whatever it is, I can't really figure it out. I can't really find out what the HR department of the companies I applied to does with the screening criteria. Do they follow the requirements strictly? Not even some margin for flexibility? Even following up doesn't get my anywhere. Thus, my only conclusion is to wait patiently and hopefully when there's a chance I'll make full use of it. Bootlicking all the way!! hahaha...

So....nothing much really so far. I've got rid of my recent worry, and hopefully by getting rid of this "bad luck" I'll get a little portion of good fortune ;p. One can always hope for the better right? Anyway folks....hope to hear some updates soon. NBA playoffs is here too, I can't catch much of the action, but here's my bet...it's gonna be the Heat! hahaha.....Go Superman and Flash!

1 Barks:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

~ MIAMI HEATER?!?! NOT IN A MILLION YEARS dude .. my money is in the Pistons .. wakakakakkakaaka .. eniwei relax lah bro .. tek it izzi yach .. u'll be just a'ite mate .. hehehe .. peace out ~ cheers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home