Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Do That Tag Thing You Do.....

Ahhh...got tagged by Mr. Hanz Solo! Those who wants to read, scroll to the bottom of the post!

Meanwhile, I hated doing post so close together for I'm afraid you might be awestruck with the pace and content of my yaks! ahahaha...but if you are keen, be my guest for I am very glad to know that you are interested in what I have to say.

So, first of all - HAPPY BIRTHDAY CIPTO AND SISTER! (They're twins) Hope the new year brings a renewed hope and fortunes in everything that you do.

Then, I'm very tempted to rant on recent World Cup developments. Ahhh....England fans will hate me more again. To tell you the truth, they played like shit! hahaha...mind my language, but where to begin? Well, why don't we start at the number 1 spot: the Goalkeeper. Paul Robinson looked like an amateur who was literally dumbfounded with every ball that strayed in the England box. To help his cause, the defence was equally bad. Looking at the first goal Sweden scored, he only stood still while Ashley Cole managed to help confirm the goal by heading it further in to the net. Actually Ashley Cole was the only one who performed in defence. Going on to midfield, Beckham was lost in the sea of yellow and red, Frank Lampard was shoot-happy no matter where the ball flew to ~ unfortunately none find the target very often. Joe Cole...man, this chap hog the ball too much (remember Robben? ironically they play in the same team for the same position) and the goal he scored was very much a fluke!! His miskick flew high in the air of the inattentive Swedish keeper who just barely managed to backtrack and deflect the ball just far enough to the farpost before it bounces into the net. Owen...he only lasted 2 minutes and 1 pass before injuring himself. And His Majesty Rooney (for all the crappy attention he got from his broken foot and the "will he play or not?" saga) He manages to make sparks, but not goal. He even had the luxury to be sulking when substituted. He acted very much the bratty teenager by punching the plastic cover of the bench, and throwing his boots around.

Well, last night's match was also disappointing considering you have two teams vying for the Cup playing to a stalemate draw. It's astonishing that the other two teams in the so-called group of death, Ivory Coast and Serbia and Montenegro, who are virtually eliminated from the next round played a much better game despite the lost cause. Is it so much at stake when playing for pride rather than placing/position for the group? Mind you, the winner of the group will have an easier time playing against Mexico. So, the two bottom of the group teams displayed blazing pace of attacking football in the torrential rain-ridden match. Although Ivory Coast trailed by 2 goals within 20 minutes caused by poor defending, they got back a goal from a header, and 2 penalties. The first had to be taken twice, and the goalie dived to the same spot (not only for the repeat, but the second penalty also). All 2 spot kicks were directed to the low-right where the keeper dived to the left. So, with 10 teams already locked for the next round, the fight for the remaining 6 is left up to Japan, Croatia, Australia, Korea, France, Swiss, Italy, Czech, USA, Ghana, Ukraine, Tunisia, and Saudi Arabia.

Fiuh....so much for soccer! Did you realize that NBA Finals is also underway at the same time? It was a thrilling series. Lots of controversy yet again because of the Cuban factor. Hahaha...not the country, but the owner of the Dallas Mavericks, Mark Cuban. He's not only enthusiastic, but overly biased towards his team. But, Dallas started strongly and won in the first 2 home games, and almost took the third game at Miami, but the Heat finally managed to click behind the strong support of the home crowd, and the 3 subsequent games at home carried too much momentum for the 6th game for Dallas to recover. Overall, I think this is one of the better series of NBA Finals in the last couple of years. Watch for the Flash and Superman to be back to contend for the Larry O'Brien trophy once again next season. The HEAT deserved the title ~ and I'm happy for my prediction was on the spot from the beginning of the season. So, teams, buck up in the off-season or you will feel the HEAT coming to you again!

LASTLY! Yes, finally, the tag questions you have been dying to read. All about me unveiled. Bared to the skin, uncut, unedited, never-been told myths and legends for your eyes only! Hahaha...have fun and enjoy! I'll get you back Hanz. This means you have to do it again right?

RITE ON!!


~ got tagged by Hanz, I dreaded doing it, but somehow managed to complete it anyway. What a FOOL!!


4 Jobs I would SUCK at:

  1. An Engineer – Ironically, even though I graduated with an engineering degree, I never really see myself as one. I think I’m more business oriented, and a more people person. Maybe if forced to do it, I would, but it would also mean catastrophe!
  2. Speaker of the House – Hmmm… even though the chance of me being invited to be in the parliament is virtually next to none, I don’t think I can be the one to tame those hot-headed politicians when debating on the parliament.
  3. A Pilot – First because I am afraid of heights and high speed in mid-air. Then, I hate the fact I would spend half of my working career in mid-air. I love the ground too much to sacrifice being a pilot!
  4. Papparazi – This is not a job for the faint-hearted. Remember the Princess Di scandal? Or the Cameron Diaz drama? But the $4 million scoop on Brangelina baby is too tempting. Anyway, I’d live my peaceful life, and I’d make peace and even friends with celebrities, not perpetual enemy!


4 Nicknames I'll go with:

  1. Pooch / Poochie
  2. Bry (although technically the spelling should be Bri)
  3. Eka
  4. Brianekaputra (Believe me someone called me this b4)


4 Movies I can watch over and over:

  1. The Usual Suspect (Best damn movie ever!)
  2. Spidey series (Can’t wait for the 3rd one)
  3. X-Men series (I’m a comic freak, so shoot me!)
  4. Friends (This is not really movie right?)


4 Things I love to do on weekend:

Weekend?? This is a sensitive topic. Why would someone wanna know what I do on weekend unless they’re trying to ask me out or already going out with me?? JK mates!

Hmm….that depends, I am usually a freelance guy, so if there’s no prior meetings with friends, I do enjoy staying at home listening to some good music from my library. Otherwise, well, maybe a ball game with my brother if he’s up to the challenge.


4 Alcoholic Beverages I enjoy from time to time:

  1. Rum and coke (I was introduced to this drink, and fell in love with it)
  2. A tie between Bud and Corona
  3. Tequilla shots (if there’s a company esp. a pretty girl)
  4. Cocktails

But partying days are over, so it’s going to be hard to make me drink again. Noe, I’d love to go drink with u again. It’s nice to have a drunk P-Bear! Hahaha...


4 Places I would like to go before I pass out:

Only pass out? Or pass away? I’ll take it as leaving this world.

  1. Visit China sometimes, and maybe to my ancestral hometown (I think it was Hubei or something like dat)
  2. I wanna go Safari for real! So meaning Africa lah
  3. I’d love to visit London and the Arsenal ground
  4. 4 is not enough lei! I’d still want to go to Italy, Austria, Carribean, Bintan, Tioman, Certain parts of USA, and Korea. (Man, I’m greedy eh? Better save more money first lah!)


4 Celebrities I would go for a date with:

Again, how can you pick 4 when there’s thousands of celebrities to choose from?

  1. Jessica Alba
  2. Elizabeth Hurley
  3. Natalie Portman
  4. Keira Knightley

I’d be the most hated person in the world by then!

4 Objects I could not live without:

  1. Bolster (No one expected this rite?)
  2. A pair of good shoes
  3. My PC
  4. TV


4 Things I do not have which I would like to have:

  1. An MP3 Player (I’m eyeing on this Sandisk Sansa e260)
  2. A house (for my family and myself)
  3. A Plasma or LCD TV complete with a nice home entertainment system
  4. A girlfriend? Nah, scratch that! It’s not a thing, brudder! Hmmm… well, maybe a car if that need be. As you know, I’m a simple conservative and traditional guy. All I need is good friends and company, and a beautiful wife with great kids!


4 people tagged to do this:

  1. I’m not that naïve, but I’m not forcing anybody to do this, but if you’d like, I wanna read them too! Hahaha…
  2. Those who do not read my blog
  3. My MSN Frenz (This is too much eh?)
  4. Mr. George Bush Jr.

6 Barks:

At 8:12 AM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

~ Bolster ini teh gulink??!!? well, this is a surprise .. hohoho .. didnt expect tat coming from a guy who had lived across the north american regions for years .. hihihi .. eniwei u wanna hang out n drink just to enjoy the scenery of a P-Bear drunk?!? man, u are one sick prend lah .. LOL .. but i'm up for it koq anytime mate .. call me k ~ cheers

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

~ BTW stop ur nagging bout the brits k? one last warning or it's a war between a Pooch n the rest of the hooligans .. LOL ~ cheers

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Pooch said...

If it's war they want, war it is they will get! Hahaha...does that quote ring any bells? England's going home much like Owen who already went back. So, Italy it is for the World Cup! Hmm...I guessed right for the HEAT, would it be 2 for 2 with Italy?

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Noodl3zz said...

~ hahaha let the war begins!!!!! TO CONQUER, WE WILL!!! ~

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

:pooch ~ GGRRRRRRRRRR .. GGRRRRRRRRR ~ cheers

:unimated ~ Wakakkaka .. just loved ur spirit .. MARCH ON!! ~ cheers

 
At 3:57 AM, Blogger Pooch said...

Now I can't even carry myself after that buffett session!! Hahaha....Noe, you missed out big time. I can imagine you emptying those plates and trays to the owner's demise. ;p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home