Sunday, February 19, 2006

Interview with Infineon

Yes fellow poochies....I got my first interview after a month's worth of applying to jobs and waiting. I was supposed to have the interview on Wednesday Feb. 15, but the day before, I had a call to change the date to the next day. Who could've figure that on Wednesday night, I got another call from the interviewer himself, Mr. Edwin Chin, that he had to leave Singapore on that Thursday, and changed it again to the Friday. I thought to myself...okay, that gives me more time to prepare...but is it a test? is it because I'm not that high up on the list? Nonetheless, I got myself prepared for the Friday.

I got dressed - blue shirt, blue tie, black pants...carrying my bag which contains my documents, and a plastic bag to carry my oversized MBA diploma. It was such a hot day and both the heat and the sun made me sweat so much even though I just had taken a cold shower. On the way there by bus, I got stuck in the rain...didn't bring umbrella....had no choice but to keep on going....walked briskly to the front office of the company about 10 minutes early. I was supposed to meet with the HR lady, Ms. Jane Yeo. first to confirm all my credentials and documentations. She was a very nice lady, very warm and a little klutz...hahaha...I said that because she keep apologizing for being absent-minded. Anyway, she was also curteous enough to ask if I needed to dry myself since she can see how I was a little drenched.

Meanwhile, after confirming all the documents, she left me to wait for the interviewer. The slated interview time of 5 PM was still about 15 minutes aaway...but I waited for almost an hour before Mr. Chin showed up. I had gone to the front office again to ask for Ms. Yeo and also for Mr. Chin. Some busy guy he is! So when he came....about 5:40 PM....this rather plump, short guy apologized and we started the interview. It was somewhat a rather casual, relaxed interview...he saw my credentials and asked first why I didn't stay in Canada/USA. I coolly answered that I just wanted to come back to be near my family since it's been a while that I've left home. He shared his own experience of being away in Europe for education and work. So then he went on to ask about my two working experiences in Ford and City of Windsor. Great I thought....I prepared this and answered similar to what I've prepared....not forgetting to link to the job responsibilities of what I'm being interviewed for. So, after that, he told me that he was actually planning to put me into a different position, Material Planner instead of the Production Planning that I was called there for. Then he was a bit disappointed and told me that he's actually looking for an experienced candidate, and that I was still considered a fresh Grad. Further on, he asked what's my stress level. I go on to tell him that I can handle stress pretty well because I do time-management for projects and so on.

Even after hearing my answer, he persistently told me about the stress of the job and the working environment is not like what I've experienced in the States or in Canada. I told him I understood that and that I've expected that for preparing to work in Singapore. He then went on to briefly describe the position that he wanted me in, and that he told me the pressure will be on me all the time because I literally have to be the "runner" and be responsible for whatever is lacking. I countered him this time with the experience I had when at Ford I had to cover for one of my supervisors and that people were giving me problems. I told him that I can manage it pretty well.

So after a few more questions, and questions from myself, we ended the interview. He told me that if I can work in Batam, I might be placed there as well. Then before ending the interview, he told me that he'll be interviewing a couple more candidates (Yeah right....) and that I will be informed as late as end of next week if I'm called for a further round of interview. So I thank him and I left. Hopefully after I send my thank you note, I can get some positive feedback. Anyway, for now, I can only pray and hope it's some good thing. I mean, the pressure will be there, but I have to also be prepared to handle the tasks, the burden as well as the risk. Until then, good luck....

3 Barks:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

~ Same here dude ... gambateh! or ganbateh! .. whichever is rite .. LOL ~ cheers

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Pooch said...

thenks thenks...how you doing there yourself winnie?? Hope everything will turn your way soon *_^

Pemuja Rahasia ah?? Where u been? how u doing? hahaha...things going well for u there? Keep me updated yah! btw...you told hanz I was renting out my room?? LOL. =P

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

~ Hahahahaha .. well, the grass is always greener on the other side .. but i am doing just fine over here .. hihihi .. Ooopsssieee ... did i? sorry mate ... well, i told him tat you might be able to help him out since ur mom is in the business .. wakakaka .. and hopefully u can give him a hand ... hahahaha ~ cheers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home