Saturday, February 11, 2006

Singapore Jobhunting 101

Welcome welcome to another weekend in the lion city...me...well, same ol' story....enjoying life...ahhhh....hahaha ERRRRRRKKKK....no way! In a way yes, but not so much. I have dedicated much of my January and after CNY towards some serious jobhunting mode. As I mentioned the last time around....been sending out lots of applications and resumes and the time should be about right when I am getting calls....and guess what? I did....Now the time to prepare....what's the basic survival skill you need in Singapore?? Everyone needs to adapt to their new environment and Singapore is no different.....so I'm introducing to you, the one, notoriously famous, and one of a kind in the world..drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrum roll........SINGLISH!!! TAH - DAH!! Not only that....this comes with its own dictionary!! YES PEOPLE!! The Singlish has been so widely adapted in Singapore that it's officially an accepted language here....people speak it, people understand it, and others have to do the same when they're in Singapore....here's the link to get yourself acquinted with Singlish.

Anyway, back to jobhunting topic...I did get my first call for my applications....It's for Infineon....a break-up from Siemens...it's pretty huge Semiconductor company and it's HQ-ed here right in Singapore for its Asian-Pacific operations....so it's some huge shit...hahaha...I wonder if I can deal with the intensity....Nonetheless...I got a few more days to get myself pepped up for this. Hopefully this will be my lucky break. At the same time....it's the 15th and CNY is officially over...time to pray and what a lucky coincidence....I'ma gonna pray hard and pray for lots of lucks....so there you go...the schedule for my Sunday!

2 Barks:

At 3:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian,

Best of Luck with the job search! You may feel down at times, but don't let it kill your positivism ok? Good things always come to those with patience, persistence, and positivism!

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Pooch said...

G-man...good to hear from you...I will mark those wise words of yours, and as you know me well, I don't give up easily and always stay patient and positive ^_*
Do come back and check up once in a while and hopefully we stay connected like we used to be...Stay cool and pass along my cheers for Ms. Shuyee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home