Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Drowning in Cellphone craze...and Singlish

After a week in Singapore, observing the people, watching the surrounding...It's changed!! People are so mired in their cellphone...hundreds of models...thousands of tones...and unbearably loud ringing tones even in the public! Man...I even heard in the news that the cellphone era has heightened people's level of stress. Now not only people are able to communicate instantly, but they're also bringing work and their out-of-home life...well....HOME! ~_~

They also mentioned that females has it worse since now they're balancing work, family and social life altogether if they own a cellphone. Now that is disastrous! Not only the working world in Asia is competitive, now they even have to compete 24/7 as work, family, and their personal life take over their routine. This is scary and I hope I have the strength to get over this crazy lifestyle that I soon be starting. "Heng" I don't have a cellphone yet! ahhaaha...

Second of all....SINGLISH!! It's not a surprise that Singapore has it's own distinctive accent to their spoken language, but Singlish is in another whole new level. Being in North America for about 6 years, and experiencing the Singlish environment for roughly 7 prior to that, I am ashamed and embarassed for the lack of push to educate and discipline correct and better spoken English. I mean, as the world is becoming ever closer and inter-twined in the business and tourism world, it is only justified that Singapore learn how to change and improve their service and tourism industry. Furthermore, there is a surge in Singaporeans speaking Mandarin. Their level of conversation is definitely much more complex and refined than when it used to, but they should not neglect the national language of English. It is admirable that they are well-versed in Mandarin, but it's time to improve their English! I, on the other hand, have to improve my Mandarin to survive and compete in this society. Sigh...no one can have the best of both worlds...but I am struggling to adapt to this "new" Singapore as of now....

6 Barks:

At 9:51 PM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

~ Yo dawg! wuzzup LAH? .. u eat or no AH? struggling there AH? where got? u must be kiddin LAH ... wakakkakakaka . Welcome to Singapore ... AH ~ cheers

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Pooch said...

not struggling literally, but struggling to stay sane...ahahaha....getting on my nerves sometimes....Plus it's a little too quiet in here so I got annoyed pretty quickly.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

~ Oohhhhh ... this is weird ... can u get mad? seriously ... hahahahahhaa .. i dun believe this bro .. u are always calm n cool no matter wat happens ... hihihi .. n tat's y i like u .. hahaha ~ cheers

 
At 1:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pooch.... you must be missing north america way of living.. the lifestyle, the language, culture ... hehehe... come on pooch, come back to north america.... come back here lar pooch.... hahaha...

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Pooch said...

Winnie...I am mushy...HAHAHA...I dun care coz there's no one to share the luv around here....I'm trapped at home! hahaha...but I'll try to be more loose from now on... :P

Wisnu...Funny...I do miss North America...but not so much Canada...I think I'm in love with US too much to like Canada...hahahaha....hmm...meet u in US?? hahaha... :P

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

~ GURBAX!^@&#^@ ifumi = fumizuki lah dude .. haiya .. gone too long lah u .. see too mushy now ... LOL ~ cheers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home