Thursday, December 08, 2005

Singapura...Oooo...Singapura

Greetings from the Lion City,

I arrived safely in Singapore on the 7th of December at 1:20 PM. Yes, I was supposed to arrive at 12:50 PM but only thanks to the numerous delays throughout the whole journey. First, it was delayed by almost an hour to boarding caused by the "inability" to prepare the flight from Toronto to Anchorage. I don't know what needs to be done to speed up the cleaning up process for the plane. Altough they did go speeding on the way to Anchorage, a 6-hour flight compared to the original 7hr40min flight, it didn't make my trip any easier.

First of...the old man sitting next to me took my window seat...tolerate...don't mind...there's no point arguing for it since it's an aisle seat for me. HOWEVER!!! He actually hogged the space! He conquered the whole armrest for the whole flight...spread his legs wide and snored the whole 6 hours flight! I had to sit a little bit outwards and had problems changing the channels for the movie, and I ended up getting bumped by the air stewardess and not even a single word of sorry out of them!! Add to the insanity, the 7-8 year-old kid sitting in front of me was so annoying...he would keep bumping back into the seat, and sometimes was playing the seat like a drum...Not like I was gonna get any sleep, and to complete my whole torture was the old man sitting behind me. Apparently, his method of sleeping in the plane was to lean his head onto my seat and ocassionally shook the seat. GOD!! Help! Any way I could take what I lost in that 6 hours??

So, we arrived in Anchorage at about 2AM there. I found out that we can't even leave the plane. DANG! I thought I could scrape some sanity by getting out of the plane! But NO!! So, they cleaned the plane, change the crews (not that it gets any prettier or any more courteous), and even a new pilot to the plane. WORST PIECE OF NEWS: SAME SEATING ARRANGEMENTS! Which only means I have to endure a 12-hour journey with those same people around me! ARGGHHHH!!!!!

So, getting sleep now was my priority. I wanted to change the time for my body adjusting to Singapore's time...I manage to squeeze a 1-hour and a few 10-minuters, but it was surprisingly enough for me. I didn't feel that 20 hours was almost gone in an instant. The only thing I know was that it was approaching Hong Kong Kai-Tak International Airport and I can't wait to unboard the plane! YAY!

Before transferring to another plane, we had to go through security check. I was laughing inside for a guy from Taiwan who brought 3 zippos with him on handcary!! HOW THE HECK HE GOT THAT THROUGH TO THE PLANE IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?!?! He was begging the officer to let him take at least two coz I think it was expensive...but I can't help laughing inside coz it was just incredible how he managed to hide that to bring it as far as to HK. :D

My last ride from HK to SIN was smooth-sailing. I got the first seat on the economy class and on the 3-seater on the side by the window, there was only 1 smart-looking westerner with full suit on playing with his Treo. So I made my way into my window seat and before we took off, the smart-looking man moved to the aisle seat. AMPLE ROOM! HAHAHA....I've been possessed by the devil!

Finally, I arrived on the beautiful Changi Airport. Again, I can't believe I'm already in Singapore with least recollection of how long or how torturous the flight was. I couldn't believe I just completed the almost 24-hour flight effortlessly. I strolled down from the customs to the luggage claim belt and I didn't see anyone. After scanning for a while, I saw my brother peeking through the glass and I know that they're already waiting. So then when I went out, I saw my dad and both my brothers. My mom was at home and I was gonna see her in a bit. When I did got back, I saw my mom and that's when I know...Everyone, I'm back at home. :D

2 Barks:

At 9:39 PM, Blogger Questions? said...

gimana tu telpon nya!..... hiks sedih lho gk ada pooch lg di randal... untung 2 minggu lg gw cabut jg....

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

~ It's always good to be home .... hahahaha .. happy for u dude .. ~ cheers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home