Monday, September 25, 2006

What a weekend...

Heeyaaaa..........Yes, I am back much sooner than any of you think!! Work is still the same...keeping me buried all the time. I wonder if there was ever you can finish something within the week. It's not helping that it's the financial year end closing. All the rush, all the panic! Good thing weekend came to the rescue. I forced myself not to go even knowing that there was lots of unsettles and unfinished businesses.

So, I spent the Saturday morning going to the gym. It was quite a good workout despite a long break from the workout routine. I can feel myself panting harder than usual, and I know that I am pushing myself a little harder than what I could handle. In the end, it was a shortened session with my feeling giddy and lethargic. But still, it was quite a good workout session. One filled with lots of perspiration and muscle aches!! The rest of the Saturday afternoon was spent on the dreamland. Yupe, good old rest...

Now, the Sunday I had an unexpected date. An old friend - a classmate - in fact came calling to ask me out. It's been more than a decade as what she blurted, and I had to admit that time really flies so fast. We were primary school buddy and the last time we met was sometime before the year 2000!! So, she's back after her shool in Switzerland and she had started working for a week. We met up, feeling a little awkard at first since we haven't met for so long, and just started to open that old dusty story book that has been kept away in the beneath of our memory banks! Faces were faint, stories a little confused and names felt strange or unfamiliar. But the good memories bring back nostalgic feeling.

Ahhh...so, Singapore the city, the country. Yet, both of us were totally blank when we were struck with the question of where should we go next? We head to the cinema thinking if there was a movie we could watch, but she had watched most of them. So, we went on to walk around and through the whole of Orchard. Yeah....we walked alright...walking blindly and chatting aimlessly throughout the whole walk. A misadventure of two clueless people.

The misadventure continued when we went to this Padang Restaurant that I was gonna take her. Unfortunately the restaurant wasn't open and we were brought into the Quay where she spotted the Chilli Crab dish! Ahh....this is the start of the nightmare!! We ordered one Singapore Chilli Crab and we were shocked by the size of that crab!! Imagine two people sharing a crab!?!? It was quite some feast and I was literally grasping for breath while trying to finish my share. Then, with the last piece, it was the pincer like the size of my own fist!! Man...I can't imagine how I finished that. I had a full stomach, one filled with guilt and satisfaction owing to overeating!! But, eating a good feast once in a while is not that bad. What more to share it with a good old friend. Anyway, the night was not getting any younger. Monday is so called the dreaded working day, and we decided to call it quits. She felt rather quilty making me eat so much....and I do blame her!! HAhaha....just kidding. I am alright, and it's nothing like it was so much of a torture or suffering with a bloated stomach! ;p

Nonetheless, nothing can replace the value of good times spent with a good old friend whom you have not seen for a very long time. We parted ways in MRT and I head home where I know Monday awaits me with tons of work!! But guess what?? Another friend is coming to Singapore and I hope I can make her feel welcomed in Singapore. Hehe....Changi Airport is my next destination when she is arriving.

Anyway, it's getting late now. Monday is drawing to a close and I'm glad that Monday blues is already over! Take care guys....

1 Barks:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

Ehem ehem ehem .. feel good times niehh .. wakakakakaka .. btw why suddenly all the girls are heading ur way??! i guess ur loneliness will finally ease eh? LOL .. tekker jg dech bro. Cheers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home