Sunday, August 06, 2006

Premiere: A Wedding and A Week of Hell and Heaven

Wow...what a week!! Let me tell you...I don't know if I should fill it up all in this one post or to break it down to two posts! Well, if you see a sequel on my latest post, then it will be a sequel. Apparently, Hollywood's been making money out of sequel of Blockbuster caliber movies. :D

Alrighty....First of all, I had a good trip home. Arrived at Soekarno-Hatta about 9:30 in the morning. Cipto was stuck in the traffic and I waited in the MickeyD calling a couple of friends who gave some surprised/shocked tunes. Hahaha....either it's for my surprise presence in Jakarta or the fact that I am only there for 2 days!

So Cipto came and we chatted for the whole drive to my home. It feels good meeting an old friend again. It's been...4 months!! hahaha....But well, it was good to catch up with what each of us had been doing since the last time we met. Then in the afternoon, it was a date with my good ol' budy from my secondary school days. We met up for lunch and spend the time after that in TIMEZONE!! Yeah...it was fun alright. Arcade gaming has certainly evolved a lot!! I played a couple of shooting games and it was exciting. Excited to the point that I bruised my finger and even scraped off a part of my skin. HA! A memento of modern arcade gaming! Then, spent the rest of the evening shopping at Carefour for whatever I needed to bring back to Singapore.

Then evening comes. The big day is here. I was supposed to be picked up by one of my uni days buddy who lives rather near my place. So, I already took my shower, sprayed some cologne and perfume. Put on my neatly pressed shirt and my blazer! Ahh...I look like a million bucks!! Ready to rock and roll...and hopefully rock some girl's heart along the way. You know a.k.a wedding crasher!! Hahaha....

Over at the event....Hotel Mulia....it was quite the wedding. Although it was still sparse, I met with so many of my ol' friends from uni that I haven't met in years!! Great atmosphere....exquisite decorations and of course good gourmet around. Too bad I didn't eat that much in the wedding due to the long queues. Nonetheless, my time there was spent mostly chatting away with a lot of old friends and finding out how they've been doing these past years! The bride and the groom look stunning as they shook hands with guests. Usually, he was the kind of guy that look so menacing with his different looks. Once, he had a bald do with mean beard and moustache that made him look like one of those mean chinese cooks ready to butcher people! And at times, his thick curly hair and also his beard and moustache can make kids cry from far away!! Hahaha...so imagine him being in one of those normal and calm looking demeanor. Can't take the lightning away from him on his big day!!

To think that this was the longest I have stayed for a wedding. We were practically the last ones to leave other than the bride and groom and maybe family members who overstayed their presence. I mean, the newly weds surely wants some lovey-dovey first night right?? HAhahaha...we joked so much about it that we almost made the casually talked joke of opening a room with call-girls with the groom into almost happening. Nonetheless, we ended up the day satisfied, full of memories, and most of all, dead exhausted. Good thing it falls on a Saturday and people can catch up with the rest on the Sunday.


Alright good looking gents and ladies...


A picture with the bride and groom along with all the ISU current and alumnus

So, the Sunday I had planned to meet up with one of my very close friend. The problem is the handset that I brought home gives some problems. Not only the battery is losing its juice, the reception is rather bad. It ended up to be a short meeting as he had to go for work! Yes...work on Sunday which I find hard to believe!! Anyway, I overstayed and I had to make another trip to Mega Mall to run some errand. The thing is that my flight is at 3:20 in the afternoon and I still have to make a trip to my old home (which now belongs to my mom's brother) to pray for the death anniversary of my grandfather. Yes...some coincidence eh? To think that it's been more than a decade and it's like my second or third time paying respect to my late grandfather. My uncles and aunt who saw me was rather surprised. Again...I can't make out whether it's because of my presence or the fact that I was only staying in Jakarta for 2 days and even worse, leaving in a few hours! hahaha....But it was always good to be able to sample some of good traditional and good Bagan food!! hahaha...can't let it go to waste. Then, it was time to say goodbyes. I had packed all my stuff in the morning, and I was ready to go. My bag only contain my suit that I wore the day before and just a pair of shorts and stinky socks and undies.

Anyway, I left Jakarta and came back to Singapore. The weird thing is that now I feel more "home" back to Singapore than back to home in Jakarta! I am so bad. It's not I am defecting or betraying the sense of patriotism, but it's just that having spent most of my life in Singapore, I can relate better to the environment here than in Indonesia. It also helps that Singapore is a much better country than Indonesia!! ;p

Ahh....and back to work. I am expecting a somewhat hectic Monday. I had to pick up my S pass in the morning in the Tanjong Pagar Complex and all it took was a mere 5 minutes wait. I guess no one is really kiasu enough to come right when it opens at 8 AM. But, I start work at 8 and I felt bad to leave for my work when it matters most on Monday mornings!! So, I got to office at 8:45 AM and luckily or unfortunately work was still there waiting and the other two in my team was still somewhat clueless as what to do with all that work!!

CLIFFHANGER!!

I can't express a more suspenseful emotion, but here is where it is supposed to end with...

to be continued...