Wednesday, July 12, 2006

New Vocabulary from watching World Cup 2006

Well, well, all that one-month of footballing actions and feverish atmosphere gave birth to a couple of new vocabulary words that will be used and maybe in the long-run legalized as recognizable words.

1. Zidane - a great, humble, yet reserved person gifted with talents and loved and respected by many of peers, friends, and everyone. He produced magical feats and wonderful performances night after night. Yet, his outlook was blemished when he pulled something so sudden and so unexpected out of him. And to think that was the memory and the legacy he left behind when leaving football for good.

2. Ronaldo - or Christian Ronaldo to be exact. Another person who is largely talented and admired for his dance-like moves and his pace. He betrayed his own friends by doing the unexpected, getting his own friend to be red-carded. This resulted in boos not only from people in the country he's playing his trade in, but also other nations who shunned his actions.

These two words reflected something which I experienced on my own, although indirectly, involving a close friend who suddenly "Pulled off a Zidane, and Ronald0-ed by his friends whom he left behind and uninformed."

I may only know of the news when informed by another that he let know regarding his departure, but still, this is something really most unlike him for the duration I know him as a friend. I don't blame him. In fact, I had a premonition of this happening. It's somewhat blurred because of the way my mind works; it was like the combination of the culmination of hints I got, a recent e-mail of another friend coming back, a dream (YES! A dream), and just my gut feeling. So....pardon me for knowing it somehow and not being able to trace back to how I knew this was happening.

When he got Ronaldo-ed by other friends. I told myself...If I were to be in his shoes, and had to leave so suddenly, maybe I would have pulled a Zidane myself. We may never know his reasons, nor will he ever tell the exact reason why he pull off that trick, but we have to respect what he has done. After all, Zidane himself was still admired by his country and footballing peers for what he had given to football and as a great player. So, for a friend that he is and knowing his character, I would give him the benefit of the doubt and proclaim that he has a valid and justifiable reason to warrant his actions. I pardon him, and I even support him for doing what he did. At the most, you can just interrogate and torture him to heart's will when we meet him again, right guys?? Hehe...this one I can't help you bro. This one will be your own battle, but I will just support you whenever I can. I still have you covered (maybe in return you can treat me to some cifan yourself!)

To friends and his friends: Zidane or no Zidane, he's still our beloved friend. To have him as a friend is a blessing. To lose him as a friend is like a part of your soul taken away. To mock and hate him for his leaving is like not respecting him. So, I say, let's forgive him and may we meet again soon enough to make him feel the pain of being left behind.

Ciao bro! Hope I can meet you soon enuff. And just don't forget that I still exist and I can always be contacted either MSN, e-mail or my cell.

3 Barks:

At 7:36 PM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

~ And just, who is this close friend of yours?!!?! i say we should Ronaldo him and headbutt his arse back to where he belongs .. hihihi .. on second tot, we should offer him forgiveness and cifan (note: not to be missed) .. wakakakkakaka .. after all, it was supposed to be a prank in the first place .. a prank within toronto .. LOL .. too bad the damage has been done .. i hope not too much mess tho ^^ ~ cheers

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Pooch said...

GOTCHA! HAhaha....well, count your friends there Ronaldo-ed you all around the world! hahaha....guess what bro? That is very very low even for u. Guess all that Cap'n Jack Sparrow influenced you so much eh? NO CIFAN! Savvy??

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

~ Savvy mate! wakakakaka .. no hard feelings lah yach .. i take the blame n the boo's as u all pleased .. and please forgive me .. hihihi .. btw, honestly, he inspired me more than u can even imagine .. LOL .. SET SAIL CREW! yihaaaaaaa .. now i begin to wonder how low can i go? ~ cheers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home