Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Many of Firsts

Ahh....just got back from work. The clock shows it's almost 8 at night. I had my dinner, watched some usual 9 PM drama, and here I am...ready to sleep to prepare another day at work. Yes, it's my first day today. I finally submitted my application for the issue of my S pass. The process of submission wasn't as complicated....what made it is the stupid HR person: JONATHAN!

OMG....today on the way to work, I saw him getting onto the bus. He clearly ignored me. Either he really feign ignorance or whatever....man, it's just disgusting that there's actually a person like him. In the HR office itself, he didn't have the slightest bit of care to attend to me while waiting to be picked up by someone from the department. I'm just disgusted to my very guts.

Anyway, first day of work was not so bad. The manager who hired me was super glad to see me. She sighed a relief and said, "finally". Man...that in itself made me feel welcome. The thing is, I just found out that I'll be transferred to the Chai Chee facility along with 3 other fresh grads where we will work as a team and handle the purchasing responsibilities in the Chai Chee facilities. So, there was only 2 who had reported for work. One is Jerry and he's from Ipoh and the other is Daphne, a Singaporean. And then there's me, Brian from Jakarta! hhaaha...more like Singapore-bred Batavian. Well, both of them started a week or two ahead of me, and pretty much was into the game of what we're supposed to do. So, meanwhile, Pauline Wong, who was the designated mentor would have to re-teach everything she told the both of them. Good thing that I am someone who's familiar with a couple of stuff and a quick learner on top of that. The unfortunate thing is that I don't have access to a working computer so that I can try things hands-on like Oracle, the MRP and some other stuff that I will be dealing with days in and days out. Nonetheless, I filled my time reading newsletter and stuff. The more I read, the more I am intrigued by my company. It seems they are bigger than what I had originally imagined.

So....tomorrow is Friday, yet I am at distraught thinking what will I be doing tomorrow for about 9 hours without a working computer. Man....it must really suck. But then, Saturday I am flying to Jakarta to attend my friend's wedding while also catching up with other friends that I have not met since I left the land of US of A. So....a great weekend to look forward to and a hellish Monday awaits. Hold on, have I told you guys that my job revolves around the all-important Monday? Monday is the day that the cycle starts anew with all the new items to buy and all the other items that have not been processed, sent, or received from the suppliers. So, basically what me as a buyer has to do is to complete all the necessary items that shows up on the MRP complete everything by hook or by crook by the end of the week before the next Monday comes up with new stuff. And I also realised after being informed by Pauline that my company sets a very high bar for completion of purchasing activity. So, I really have to buck up if I want to earn those moolahss and the bonuses. Yes, my dear friends, I get quarterly profit sharing based upon performances!!!! WOOHOOO....now, if only I can get my hands on a working PC unit.....

7 Barks:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

~ So this is the sound of a heppi poochie eh? wakakakaka .. earn more of those moolahss n bonuses n u can help me pay my flight back later .. LOL .. after all, didnt u say u wanted to see me back? WAKAKAKAKKAA ~ cheers

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Noodl3zz said...

~ i'd love to crack some bones of that disgusting human being u were... well.. disgusted about.... but of cuz there will be a price to pay my friend... ci fan 3 plates... hehee

btw.. what with ci fan lately hey? how come it gains that much popularity in our vocabulary these days? as if singapore dont have any other signature dishes... why cant we use laksa or carrot cake or i dunno yong taw foo maybe?!?! hahaha ~

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Noodl3zz said...

~ let's talk about this daphne .... *grin* `

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Pooch said...

Noe ~ Flight back ah?? No way jose...I'm very much burdened here. Don't think I can afford even like 10% of that ticket price dood! But cifan treat is more reasonable. :d I am not that eager to see you back yet.

Unimated ~ Daphne arr....hmmm...how should I say? The first time I saw her, I thought, "Is she from Phillipines or Thailand?". Hahahaha...does this give you a picture in your mind? She's Singaporean by the way, and she's much older than me....so, I hope this don't put you off. Hahaha...PEACE!!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

~ i prefer yong tow foo lah guys .. wakkakakakaa .. getting sick of cifan olredi leh .. hahahahhaa .. eniweis older women is cool wif me .. as long as they are still women .. hahahahaha .. btw pooch, i have a better offer here: JONATHAN!'s dead body for 2 plates of cifan .. how does this sound? ~ cheers

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Pooch said...

Too expensive man....drawing up my kiasuness here....I think 1 cifan is more than enough for that effort! Hahaha....anyway, it's MONDAY!! AARRRR.......

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

~ How was your tuesday dude? mine has just begun .. *crossing fingers now* ~ cheers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home