Thursday, July 20, 2006

BP: A case of mistaken identity

Ahh....another posting. Hehe...World Cup is already way past like it happened last year. Nothing much going on after that, but life goes on. Actually in speaking of that term, my life does carry on and to a certain extent moving forward as I received the news of in-principal approval of my S pass application from the MOM! So...YAY to me! hahaha....I guess my dad was more excited and jubilant compared to me when I received the news from my company's HR. So, all I needed to do is to pick up the letter, and get the medical check done (which the company's paying of course!) before submitting all of them to the work pass division to get my S pass issued. Only then can I start working and be called a Sanmina-SCI employee.

Swell...so I told Jonathan (the HR guy who made me wait 1 hour when I went there to sign the contract) that I would be coming the next morning. I took the bus in the morning to enjoy the morning view and maybe a peek if there are any nice-looking, hot female employees in Singapore (can't blame me for being a guy!) and somewhat a bit disappointed. Out of all the ones I see, I'd rate them a 7 for the highest score. Sigh....maybe they hide or are being chauffered around by their bf's or their overly-protective father! hahahaha....

Well well...what do you know?? Jonathan wasn't there when I got into the HR Dept!!! Arghhh...this guy just likes to make people wait. And on top of that, he treats me too casual. So much for one who is rather slacking and "missing" all the time. He treats as if he did nothing was his fault. Grrr.....so, after about a 30 minutes wait for just one god damn letter and a slip for the medical check up at the company's clinic, I finally got to go to the clinic to complete my medical check up. I was required to do blood test and X-ray to accompany my submission for S pass. The doctor there was not too friendly. It was still early morning and he had the look of someone who had worked the past 2 days non-stop! hahaha...well, he asked me the usual questions...any medical problems, sickness or allergies. Then he took my blood pressure. Guess what? Though my name's initial is supposedly BP or better known as British Petroleum (just kidding!), he told me that my Blood Pressure is rather high - on the borderline. He told me I need to slim down! Alrighty doc! I told him immediately that I was already trying hard, and I can't shed all those flabs on one day! So much for the uncanny link to my name. I always knew I never had problems with my blood pressure or any health-related issues, but why now?? Maybe I had a recent break into my work-out routine, and that made me a little slack. And actually the day before the check-up I had been trying to compensate for my recent two-week slump with extra effort at the gym. The result? Sore chest, arms and legs...and actually a sharp pain in my chest that goes on and off. So it could be my blood circulation being messed up cause I mess up! Geddit? If not, then I don't really wanna explain. Just that extra effort to make up for loss time is not good for you! hahaha...so don't procrastinate! He then told me to lie on the bed so that he can check on my heart, my abdomen and my whatever lah....then he saw the scar just below my bellybutton. Why is the surgery there? Is it emergency? I told him I don't know and that at that time it hurts on both sides when I had my appendicitis. So maybe the doctor was confused and had no choice but to operate on the middle! Hahahaha....he finished me off with drawing my blood. Man...he's cruel and heartless. He just took my arm, flicked the area where he was to draw the blood. Then he strapped my arm with a band and told me to clench my fist. He found the nerve he liked, and just poked that needle! GOSH! I HATED NEEDLES!! So, about 10 seconds, and he pulled out the syringe and covered that baby wound with a plaster. What a relief. I always hated needles and I will always hate needles!

Anyway, after that I went for my X-ray and I think it shouldn't show any peculiar things. I mean, being a passive smoker won't qualify me for being a cancer-prone candidate right? So....all's left is to wait for the result to be sent back to the company in which I had to pick them up from Jonathan AGAIN! sigh....be patient. One has to be more Zen about all these. I wish I had more in me to supress all these uneasiness I have in me. BUT! It also means just another week away before starting work...

5 Barks:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

~ Appendicitis?!?! ini teh apa yach dude? in indon please .. wow, this is a surprise .. i didnt know about ur secret surgery .. and now it explains why u run like a speeding bullet .. perhaps they had implanted a motor inside ur body .. @%#$@%^#$@# .. ignore me i know .. wakakakkakakaka .. btw congratz bro! finally eh finally .. hhihihihihi .. have fun ~ cheers

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Pooch said...

Hmm....always the first to leave the comment. Or maybe just the only one who frequent my crib?? Nonetheless...thanx for the support! Hahaha...jayus yah?? Appendicitis = usus buntu lah. Masa segitu chim? hahahaha.....no modifications or any sort made to me. All perfectly natural and hard-earned! Hahaha...thanks to my actively involved school days with the badminton school team. ;p Pluz...what's up with that fainted woman? I'm sure you have a hand on it! Taking her oxygen? hahahaha....peace!

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger inoedoshi said...

~ No sweat bro no sweat .. plus i can definitely pick up my english here n there from ur posts .. just did actually .. ;) .. wakakakaka .. eniweis dunno wat happened leh .. but the oxygen was running low for sure .. sighs .. maybe she was burning the late nite candles .. LOL .. but me = no touch, no hand lah .. clean man clean .. wakakakakaa .. on second tot, maybe i did inhale too much oxygen ... cant help it being a bear .. LOL .. pisssss jg dech ~ cheers

 
At 3:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i visit ur crib too pooch...... *wink*

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Pooch said...

hahaha.....I thought you've gone MIA! hehehe....Yokouso! Yoroshiku hajimemaste. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home