Sunday, January 13, 2008

Non-working PC and a week of frustration

I was out for more than a week - in terms of being online that is. Missed chatting with friends on MSN and maybe updating my blog and my facebook. I still haven't recovered completely from my coughing and had to down those fried and heaty stuff for not wanting to miss out. :)

Sinfully as it sound, actually I am getting better after having those food. I had the SSCI Dinner and Dance on last Sunday, 6 Jan 08 and it was awesome. Went early to help out with the rehearsal for the SSCI 188 team, where they re-enact the famously made-in-Singapore musical of chinese getai. To the joy of our group, they won the 3rd price which was the award of $100. We spent it on a good Arnold's Spring Chicken treat. I tell you, this is the firsts of what of those forbidden food I was supposed to avoid.

This past week also marked the departure of one of the dear colleague. Together, we were part of the group that handled the soon-to-be EOLed project, T-Rex. I will miss her dearly as we went through lots together, but I do wish her all the best as she deserve better. So, now it leaves us (the original crew that got banded together accidentally) with the guys and 1 hard-knock lady. :D

To wish her a good journey ahead, it's a so-called tradition to treat her to lunch, and we did so in the nearby Chai Chee Seafood restaurant. This is my second sinful treat that I was supposed to avoid. Yet, I ate them, and tolerated the suffering as I coughed throughout the whole working hours. Sorry my friends...I do get quite irritating when I cough and cough and cough. I can barely complete a sentence and as I continue to speak or try to joke, it will be disrupted by the hoarse coughing sound.

Then on her last working day for Sanmina, we went to Blue Jazz where we had western food and beer for dinner. Okay, maybe this is a bit dragging it far, but anyway, I had to. Not that it was forced, but out of savouring the last moment together as colleagues. We will definitely arrange outings together, but it's not like we are able to organize as easily as before.

Then, last sinful trip of the week, I went out with the other side of the plant colleagues on Saturday. This time we went to Kuishin-Bo, Japanese buffet in Suntec City. Yes, those tempura, fried and grilled stuff, and the ice-cream. I tell you, I hope all this "poison" can cure me. Hahaha...indeed, I think I should keep eating them as I do feel much better now. Then we spent the rest of the day catching up and sharing nonsensical stories.

Then, I had had it. I had to fix my computer. Too much went on for the week without jotting this down on my blog. So, well I got down to repairing the computer. First, cleaning the inside of my PC. Dusting, blowing, dis-assemble its parts and re-attaching them back. Then, I was supposed to reformat and re-install my Windows. Alas, as I managed to completely install a new fresh Windows, I realize I installed it to the wrong location. So, I lost my saved content on that drive, but I somehow managed to get my PC working without having to re-install a new Windows on my old drive that I'm supposed to reformat. I hope this don't go bonkers again or I'll be quite pissed.

Sigh...I can't upload pictures yet, but I promise you to upload some in my next update. It will include some of the events that went on in the past week. Till then, good nite folks!