Saturday, January 05, 2008

First entry of 2008...

Sorry for the delay folks...I'm still not totally recovered from my sickness bout, but at least 2008 had arrived. 2007 flew just like that and I felt so bad I neglected this crib. Well, one resolution for 2008 is of course to fill in more entries this time round.

2007 is truly an amazing ride. Work wise, there's a lot that happened. Took over totally new project, new commodities, new suppliers, new colleagues, new boss, and of course new challenges. No doubt it's not easy to learn everything again, but in a short time of less than 1 year, I can truly say this is the first time that I had benefited from working in my post. I have also seen people come and go in a whiz. Some close friends, some not so close and those that I never knew came and left. I had a hard time adjusting at first because not only the value of my commodity is more than doubled or tripled of what I used to handle, the complexity also increased just as many-folds. Imagine handling orders worth tens or even hundreds of thousands. To some, it may be a breeze, but to a noob who just took over from handling meagre thousands, it's definitely a different kind of pressure. Another headache is the pricing fluctuation which is like a stock market. Prices changes just as fast and as furious like the shares prices. Not that it changes everyday, but the monthly changes can mean lots of things in terms of the PPV or the valuations of the parts on order. At times, I worked til very late at night just to catch up with things that I need to do. Then imagine having excesses tagged to your name. I mean every possible bad things and situations related to this commodity that can happen, did happen to me. And as I tried to clear and sell them, it eventually become a second job to me. So, not only I'm the buyer, but I become the seller as well.

Anyway, 2007 passed. I survived the ordeal a much stronger person. I can only hope for better things to come.

2008 - I wish to be more healthy, lose a few kilos hopefully, be more fit. I also wish to have more friends, and hopefully meet a special someone. I also wish to earn more money. And I wish I have another thrilling ride as I am feeling lucky this year. It's the year of the Olympics, year of the 2008 Euro, and the year of the first nite F1 race in Singapore, which I am anticipating with much eagerness...So folks and friends, tune in to this channel and I hope you stay with me for all 2008. See you very very soon...

2 Barks:

At 12:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers to bright future Pooch !

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Pooch said...

Thx. Same to u fumi. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home