Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I'm on TV!!

Tonite I got free ticket to watch the Fairprice Variety Show. This is a live recording from Mediacorp studio and it was a rare chance to experience watching a live show. The main attraction was Hagen, one of the contestant from the Superstar Project Season 1. So, we were seated with the supporters of Hagen where I had to hold the poster and sway a yellow lightstick.

Anyway, we reached there at 6:30 and was seated before 7 PM. There was a DJ that help to lighten up the mood and guide us through how to proceed in the live recording. Especially our section whereby we had to cheer for Hagen, we had to practice and shout out the cheer in certain section of the recording. He was also telling us that cameras might zoom in unexpectedly and reminded us not to do anything stupid or embarrassing during the show. When the show started, the hosts, Vivian and Chor Meng was quite energetic. In real person, these 2 celebs are much smaller and shorter than what I normally see on TV. They carried the show with ease as the TV director and all the crew effortlessly supported them.

Then there's the moment of glory whereby I was shot by the cameraman for some airtime. I wasn't entirely aware, but I suddenly received SMSes that asked me if I was watching in the studio. Even my brother SMS me. It was quite a surprise but a delight to know that I was famous for a short while. I think I was zoomed in quite a number of times as what my brother told me. I wish I can watch the repeat broadcast and see where exactly I show up on the show.

Well, so much for the eventful day. We capped it off with a dinner at the Prata House which was delicious. In all, what a day. I hope to get some other chances to see other recording in Mediacorp.

2 Barks:

At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhm ... when is ur next visit to prata house hahaha u got ur 15second of fame :) wondering when is my turn...

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger Pooch said...

Jul, we'll plan that prata house trip pretty soon. Make sure you bring those Tampines gang if they're interested! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home