Sunday, March 09, 2008

The Leap Year - Gone and will back in another 4 years

Sorry folks. I have been away again yet for far too long. In the space of 3 weeks to 1 month, I've again seen a few people leaving the company, attended a wedding, went to the T3 for the first time and to the IT show. The past month was also an emotional roller-coaster ride where I was from one extreme to the opposite end - depressed to the point of blowing up.

That sums up a pretty eventful first month of the Lunar Rat Year. As the book saying goes, this is a busy month for me and I will encounter lots of issues at work. How true! I was busily scrambling to make ends meet...screaming at my suppliers, and also screaming at my own people. Well, not really screaming, but quite temperamental compared to my usual calm, composed, care-free character. Anyway, I'm glad it's over, and like what it mentioned - whatever hardship may come, it will eventually pan out. How scary is that!! Maybe I shouldn't think about it too much as I know that I am in control of my own actions and emotions.

On 3rd March my colleague, Amanda, had her wedding. She is one of the more attractive ladies in the office and can't believe she'll be married. But, I'm happy for her as she found her lifetime mate. And I truly wish her all the blessings of a married life. I'm sure her husband will cherish her and treasure her throughout the lifetime. She looks gorgeous with the wedding gown and even more so with the evening dress. Unfortunately, the wedding dinner took a bit tad long and I was exhausted as I still had to go for work the very next day.

The following weekend, I had the chance to have a first look and experience the grandeur of Terminal 3. It's huge, transparent, and uniquely calming. I mean it looks spacious with the glass facade and the natural growth inside makes it feel naturally pleasing. Then when I got to B2, it's like a mini-mall in the airport. There's a full-size food court, with a couple of small shops, reflexology and even a NTUC Fairprice! It's basically self-sufficient to house people and they will not get bored!! Later that day, went for a bite of Pizza at Timbre. It happen that the day was a day to showcase SOMA students. What caught our attention was the alumnus who had a lovely and strong voice as she belted 3 songs. I believe she sang 2 covers and 1 of her own song. We even had the chance to have snacks in Raffles City Shokudo. What a day! All eating and all spending! Hahaha....but I really had quite a blast that day.

Lastly, I know I have been scouring for the past 3-4 IT show for a camera and I had my eye fixed on that Panasonic Lumix brand. Finally, I decided to buy. I forked out over $300 but I think it was worth the money spent. It's compact, it's fool-proof and I hope to snap lots of pictures with it. The IT show was an eye-opener as I got to see some eye-candies that really make me imagine I'm in dreamland. Never before I see so many pretty and gorgeous looking ladies, let alone in the past IT shows.

So folks, here I am now...sulking again as I dread going back to work. These days it seems I'm very unmotivated having to face all these mountainous work waiting for me. I scringe and I piled through it, yet at the end of the day, I still don't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes I wonder how long more I have to tolerate this before I can dig out of my own grave. How I wish I can tolerate longer, but I think I'm slowly losing my own battle and my war. I guess I can only find out day after day how long I can last.

As I said...what a month! Looking ahead for the coming leap year!

2 Barks:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger olivia said...

hi brian,
hang on there, don't give up.
or.. how about changing job?
whatever it is, i hope things will get better for you :)

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Pooch said...

Thank you for the words of encouragement. I sure hope I find the strength and belief to carry on. Whatever it may be, I am blessed and thankful that I have a friend like you. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home